Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ends. Begins Again.

Obviously it's been awhile since I've posted. Like, months. I just got to the point where I wasn't really enjoying blogging anymore. It got to feel like a chore, and then one day I didn't post. And then the next I didn't either. And then I just kept right on not posting at all, and here we are two months later.

And I didn't miss it. Not one bit. Running a blog is a job, and I have enough jobs. Really.

What I did start to miss in these last couple of weeks was having a place to share cool.fun.amazing.pretty.interesting things that I'd come across. But every time I'd start to think about writing a new post, that chore-like feeling would creep up, and nothing ever got written. So here's the deal-y-o: from now, I'm just going to use my Tumblr (which I've had on the back burner forevvvvvveeeerrr).

I can share what I find.
No pressure to write.
No pressure to get comments or followers or all of those things bloggers are supposed to be after.
No, "Blurgh" feeling.

You can find it here: Pretty Little World on Tumblr.

To end the post, I just want to add a big "Thank You!" to everyone who's stopped by over the five years that I've been (consistently or otherwise) blogging here. Have a wonderful day.weekend.month.summer.year everyone!!

6 comments:

random cat said...

i'll miss you :) but you enjoy :)
i just have to tell you that your blog was my inspiration to start a blog. and when you shared one of my first posts was the greatest boost i got, and also a great honor, so thank you for that!
and are you going to greece this summer as you said? i hope you are and maybe i am, too :)

Secondhand Stella said...

Aw, I am going to miss your posts!!!! I think I have been following you for about 4 years now, and I always look forward to your updates. I completely understand, though... I have been feeling the same way off and on the past two years.

Kristen, we need to hang out this summer! You should come visit me in South Haven and we can go to the beach and my fave antique mall.

Alana Mitchell - anti aging skin care said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the old white house said...

I get that... really I do and you know what? A couple of months ago, I found tumblr too! the old white house and I do love the relaxing feel of just being able to absorb those amazing photos and not needing to write a thing. I will share something else... when I see all of the wonder of the world that everyone shares, it makes me want to travel the world. You have been missed, I have been looking for you when I can but like you my blogging has slowed down considerably. I hope to see you around town sometime this summer! t.xoxoxo

kate said...

I have had you in my daily read feed for months hoping you would come back. I miss you. Hope all is well!
velvetcupcakes

drollgirl said...

dude. i haven't been here in so long. like you, i don't blog like i used to. we probably started about the same time way back when, and it sure takes a lot of time and a lot of effort. there are so many things to get to in life, and sometimes one must drop some to get to others.

glad to know you are still out there on tumblr, instagram, etsy and twitter. :) YAY! :)