Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Belated . Outfit . Post





Draped tee: H&M
Jeans: Elle for Kohls (I have like a zillion pairs of these now - they're inexpensive and super comfy)
Vest: 1960s Vintage Coyote
Necklace: JCrew
Boots: Vintage

I wore this outfit last week on the first day that it was a bit colder, and I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I liked it then, and it was comfy for running errands, but something about the way it looks in photos doesn't strike me right - not a great mix of colors? Too top heavy? Not the right shoes?

8 comments:

Anna @ IHOD said...

I actually think its a killer look. Love the way you mixed the stripes with the faux fur. Those boots!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I think the outfit is quite cute! I'll have to look for those jeans next time I'm at Kohl's. Good (affordable) jeans are hard to find.

Thank you for your kind words about my injured pup. He is still pretty pitiful, but is doing much better than expected after such a traumatic accident.

Secondhand Stella said...

I like it, but maybe the top is a little too long for the vest?

I just read your comment about the J Crew sweatshirt. I want that one too!!!! SO CUTE! Maybe after the holidays it will go on sale?

KristiMcMurry said...

amazing vest! I love it paired with the stripes.

marie said...

nope. i think this outfit is perfect. a modern twist on old glamour.

Unknown said...

So long as you felt great in them, then outfit photo be damned! Some of my favourite outfits never look right in photos. Black dresses especially.

drollgirl said...

you look so great -- always!

i bought a vest like this, and i could not make it work. i am too big and i ended up looking too bulky. but you are tiny and you can do it! i bet it would look great with a fitted shirt, too.

Kenya said...

I think it looks great from top to bottom ..love the feminine touch of the necklace.