Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A. LoVely. Day

I don't live terribly close to an LV Boutique, but me and the DF are in Cleveland and blissfully there's an LV in the Saks here. I went in wanting to see some of the newer bags up close, and was pretty sure I'd snap up a neverfull GM (I need a new laptop/everything but the kitchen sink bag).

Overall I was rather disappointed. I didn't care for the Neverfull GM at all - it was sort of shapeless and didn't have much character (the MM was too small).


I tried out the Palermo GM also, and it was LoVely, but this bag doesn't seem to know what it wants to be - it's structured, but because of it's size, seems a bit slouchy; as a handbag it seems okay, but as a shoulder/sling bag, it's very awkward.


The prettiest bag by far was the Damier Azur Saleya GM. It's quite similar to the Cabas Mezzo, but with much lovelier straps/handles - and the azur canvas is really stunning up close.


In the end I didn't end up with anything - still undecided - but I thought that I would share in case other people were searching for a bag with similar purposes in mind.

No comments: