Friday, February 19, 2010

Lanvin . I . Hate . You

... but only because I love you so much! Today I found EXACTLY what I want to wear to get married in. EXACTLY. I've lusted over beautiful wedding dresses before, but this is the first time I've said, "That is what I want to be married in."



It's perfect. It has little sleeves, it's got a slim silhouette, it's not too frou frou, and it has just enough detail to make it special.

It's actually a tiered skirt and top. While the top is a very manageable "I'd order you right now" $600, the skirt costs... wait for it... $3200.00. Big pouty, frowny face.

I've spent a good chunk of change before on a bag or a fur vest, but $3200 on a skirt just seems like, well, a lot. Le sigh...

12 comments:

April said...

this is where a little creativity and alot of diy-ing comes into play....go for it!

Rock Couture said...

Gorgeous dress. So feminine!

Secondhand Stella said...

Hmmmm, do you think you could get the top and find a less expensive skirt somewhere?

Pretty Little World said...

^^ I wondered about that too. But then I also don't want to get stuck with a $600 top if I can't find another skirt.

Maybe I'll win the lottery though, and can then buy both :)

littledeadmommy said...

You should try having someone recreate it.

Rock N Revolution said...

Stunning! I have a few vintage Lanvin pieces in the store that I will have to post soon.
You might like them as much as this one!

Pretty Little World said...

^^ You have the most gorgeous pieces -- I imagine that the vintage Lanvin is stunning!!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

This is utterly stunning dress!

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

*sigh* Iove this.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow, this dress is just stunning, and so YOU! Knowing what your perfect look is now, I'll bet you find something similar that you love even more.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely dress!

Jessica said...

Splurge on the top and see if a local seamstress can recreate the style of the skirt! The top would be pretty paired with other items in your closet, therefore totally worth the investment.