Friday, April 16, 2010

Little . Glass . Bottles

The surplus store on campus is open twice a week, and while I've lived and worked here for three years now, I haven't gone in until just this week. I stopped on Tuesday and picked up some cute little glass bottles for 10 cents apiece, which seemed like a crazy good deal to me.

When my mom saw them, she decided she wanted some, so I said I'd go back this morning to just get the whole box if it was still there. So I brought the box (with 120 bottles in it) to the counter, and the girl sold it to me for $3.00!! I know they're just little bottles, but that kind of a deal makes it sort feel like winning the lottery :)




I think they make cute little vases, or would also be good for miniature terrariums. Or maybe even holding spices, or bath salts, or really anything like that. I'll probably stash some away for whenever B. and I decide to have a wedding -- wouldn't they be charming at guests' tables?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

omg $3!!! Amazing. They are adorable. So many uses!

Anonymous said...

Love when little glass bottles are used as vases, what can be cuter?!

Secondhand Stella said...

Love them as little vases! So cute!!!

Rogue Girl Vintage said...

How simple of an idea... yet elegant. Fresh

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Those make the perfect little vases! They would be wonderful for your wedding tables. You scored such a deal!