Monday, April 19, 2010

What . We . Did

While we hadn't any real plans for the past weekend, we actually ended up doing quite a bit. We did get Ethiopian on Friday night (so good!), and after several small missteps, we finished staining the downstairs floor:




The color is exactly what we were hoping for, though now we're trying to figure out the best finish, so that it matches the shininess of the new floor in the dining room. Then we can get the trim and wainscoting up, and this area of the house will be nearly finished!

On Sunday we went to Ann Arbor and had a wonderful time. B. went to a record show and snapped up a few good finds, and I found the perfect pair of sunglasses:



I fell instantly in love with the Giles for Cutler & Gross sunglasses that Dree Hemingway was wearing, but they were uber expensive and sold out at Colette pretty quickly.

The pair above is about as close a match as I could hope for, and only $99.00, as compared to the near $500 that Dree's cost. I'll post modeling pics sometime this week so you can see how crazy/huge they are!

Happy Monday everyone!

8 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the glasses!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunglasses!

drollgirl said...

your floor! that gorgeous, rich color!!!! i LOVE IT!!

and your shades are rad! $99 is a whole lot better than $500, so WELL DONE!!!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Love the glasses! You guys did an amazing job matching the stain color of your other floors. I've had to do that a few times, and it's not easy! I can't wait to see them with poly.

Unknown said...

I must admit, I like these sunnies better than the Giles ...they're just SO big and dramatic.

Your floors look amazing. I almost like the rustic look next to the super shiny new ones but you're right, the color is exact! Can't wait to see the finale!

Rock N Revolution said...

LOVE the floors ...and the sunglasses are divine!

Jessica said...

Incredible job on the floor! My boyfriend and I are just finishing refinishing his living room floor - it's so much work!

kate said...

Gorgeous floor! I need that domino book, I have and love the M.K. & A Olsen!
velvetcupcakeskvf.blogspot.com