Monday, July 11, 2011

Bicycle



I've been wanting a new bicycle for a little while now. My own vintage Schwinn (above) is lovely and wonderful, though a little cumbersome to ride due to it's age. Yet I found it an auction about five years ago, and for only $5.00, it came home with me. So I was a little hesitant to part with her.

However, not two weeks ago, the bicycle gave up the ghost, and one of the pedals fell off. So I started searching for a replacement.

The cruiser style is not only aesthetically my favorite, but I ride a lot in a skirt, so that kind of frame is really a necessity.





And so after some consideration, and testing out a few different things, the winner is...



An Electra Amsterdam! She had to be specially ordered from California, so won't arrive until next week, but despite the wait, I'm terribly excited to be able to start riding on my shiny new bicycle!

Photos: The Sartorialist, The Snapshot Century, The Purse Forum, Garance Dore, and Electra

7 comments:

the old white house said...

OH you lucky lucky girl! That is such a cool bike... now to just outfit it with those wicker baskets in the first photo! Happy biking, t. xoxo

Secondhand Stella said...

Ooooo, great bike! Love!

drollgirl said...

um, your new bike is awesome!!!!

and all of these chicks in dresses on bikes remind me of blair waldorf! lol

Jessica said...

Oh la la! What a lovely new bike!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

Congratulations!!! Lets ride bikes together someday. Meet you halfway? Toronto?

Pretty Little World said...

^^ Any excuse for going to Toronto would suffice, though certainly being able to bike around the city would be tops!!

Courtney said...

a new bike is the best. i have a green vintage huffy, and while i love it, it's not very practical for getting up hills- even small ones.