What to look for in the new year:
(1) Bright.bold.colorful Mini Skirts:
(3) Pretty Sea Blue:
(4) DIY Decorating, design rules be damned. Bold wallpaper, bright colors, handmade installations, finding a unique way to display your prized possessions, etc. etc. -- anything goes. Want to artfully pile things on the floor? Why not!!
(5) Movies that don't treat us like idiots (talking.singing Chihuahua anyone?). Sure there were some good actions films, but 2008 was a year of films that rarely made me think. Hopefully we'll fare a bit better with some promising films coming out in 2009 that look to be artsy, entertaining, and don't dumb things down:
(6) Reading. Yes, reading. In an age where soundbites and summaries are becoming the normal way of getting information, don't forget to pick up an actual book. Fiction, non-fiction, whatever...but don't let anyone convince you that reading doesn't matter or is outdated.
7. A President whom we can be proud of:
Images from Style, Net-a-Porter, eLuxury, and Design Sponge