Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekend . Challenge

I should start out by saying that I am not a tennis shoe person. I own one pair at a time, and they're only for going running. But lately more and more people seem to be wearing them in absolutely cute ways that don't look sloppy or lazy at all.

I've particularly been inspired by pics of Kristen Stewart at the 1000 various promotions she's had to do for Twilight:



(although, probably whatever you pair with a $10,000 Chanel mini dress will look cute...)

But since I've not ever owned a pair of tennies for actually matching with outfits that aren't exercise related, I have no idea of where to begin. I need HELP!! So a weekend challenge for all of my lovely readers: what kind of tennies do you recommend??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely go for Converse - all of the styles look great and they only get more comfortable the longer you have them.

Natalie said...

I have a pretty extensive collection of classic Keds. I like them because they don't take away from a feminine outfit if I wear them with skirts or dresses. They also look really cute and 50's-ish when paired with capris or ankle jeans.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for Keds too -- they come in tons of colors and don't tend to look as boyish as converse sometimes can