Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yes . I . Would . Like . To

My mom has younger twin brothers. I don't see either very often, as they don't live anywhere near Michigan, and haven't since they were growing up. So I get updates from my Mom every now and then about what they're doing. I knew that my uncle R. purchased some property in Mexico awhile ago, I think in the hopes of one day retiring there.

When I was chatting with my mom earlier today, my uncle got mentioned, as he and his wife are moving cross-country. I asked if they still had the house in Mexico and after saying they did, she mentioned that they said we could stay there anytime we wanted.







Um, what? How is it that we just went through a whole three months of winter with NO mention of a courteous offer of a free place to stay in Mexico? Oceanfront. In. Mexico.

Christmas break = shoveling driveway? Or Christmas break = lying on the beach? Not much of a contest there.

My mom said my dad doesn't really want to go, so she probably won't either. LEAVE HIM BEHIND! Because if B. doesn't want to go with me, I'll just take lots of pictures and show them to him when I get home. From Mexico.

6 comments:

elsie said...

well if you really don't have anyone to go with you just remember that you have a fully bilingual cuban blog buddy who would be happy to lend her translating services and keep you company!

drollgirl said...

HELL, I WANT TO GO!!!! ohmyGOD! that place is fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilda Vanessa Ramos said...

Wonderful house! Winter in Mexico sure does sound nice... Although I would think it's in the southern part of Mexico? What part of Mexico is it?

I live in the northern border of Mexico and winter here is not beach friendly winter hehehe.

Secondhand Stella said...

I'll go w/ you!!!! ;)

Copious Couture said...

WOW what a gorgeous place... I would leave tomorrow if I were you!

http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Can I come? Your Uncle's house is so cool that it makes me feel uncool for how giddy I got upon viewing the pictures of it. I can't believe that B and your parents are "meh" about the opportunity to go to Mexico and stay in this fabulous house on the beach. Have a fantastic time, I can't wait to see more pictures of it!