Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Things { Balenciaga + Fendi }





I started searching for these Balenciaga Black Leather Slingbacks in early November - long after they were out of stores, unfortunately - and after four months of searching, had nearly given up hope of finding them. But then, the fashion gods smiled my way, and a pair in exactly my size came to live with me!




As soon as I saw the Fendi Fantasia Platforms on the SS 2011 runway, I knew I'd them. They seemed like the perfect shoe to anchor swingy spring dresses and it turns out that they're kind of magical with skinny jeans too.

Tick, tock spring weather... where are you?

Top two photos: Sea of Shoes, tPF
Middle photos: Marie Claire, Style

12 comments:

Jean said...

Fantastic shoes!!! SCORE on the Balenciagas!!

xo
Jean

www.fadedoldjeans.com

Pretty Little World said...

Thank you!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I'd love to have a look at your shoe racks. You must have such a a great wee collection by now.

elsie said...

your glorious Fendi wedges have turned my a highly unflattering shade of GREEN with envy - so very very fabulous!!

PriscillaW8 said...

OMG!!!! I have been thinking so much about getting the Fendi ones to pair with some wide legged pants. CONGRATS! I am from TPF btw :)

Pretty Little World said...

Ana -- Maybe I'll try to do a post on my shoe collection. I'm just trying to be patient until I can wear them again! The biggest downside of winter weather = no shoe options! :)

Elsiee - Thank you! I was really excited about getting these. There's just something about the color and the shape of the wedge that I couldn't stop thinking about!

Priscilla - Hello to a fellow tPFer!! You should definitely go for them! I can't wait to see how other people start styling these!

Secondhand Stella said...

Oooooooo, great finds!!!!! Do an outfit post soon :)

Toothfairy said...

those shoes are amazing!!!!!

Unknown said...

To.
dieFor.
both.
amazing.

Belle de Couture said...

Gah, those balenciaga's are fab! Lucky you! Where did you end up finding them??

xx
Jen

http://belledecouture.com

Pretty Little World said...

Thank you! I ended up finding them from someone in Australia - so they had to come half-way around the globe to get to me!

Pretty Little World said...

Thank you! I actually ended up finding them from someone in Australia!