Friday, November 4, 2011

Fully . Repurposed

I've been working on ways to display my jewelry for ages now, trying to find a method that's both practical and pretty. This past week I got the final piece I'd been looking for - a great ring display. And the best part about all of it? Absolutely everything has been re-purposed! It's kind of magical what you can do with some old items and a bit of paint. Plus maybe a staple gun.


The jewelry "area"


Vintage test tube holder spray painted black + glass test tubes to hold the rings


Antlers draped with rhinestone bracelets


A vintage postcard fence holder for earrings -- it even works for clip-ons!


My earlier made necklace frame, created from an antique frame + metal mesh sheeting


A tiny pony, for good measure

11 comments:

cerebral e said...

Awesome. I would never have thought to use test tube to store rings! I'm stealing some of these ideas.

Anonymous said...

Great idea on the test tube ring holder!

x the wasp
figandthewasp.wordpress.com

Kathy Spencer said...

Looks terrific, sweetie!!!

Courtney said...

very pretty display. i love the necklace holder on the wall and the tiny pony too.

random cat said...

looks so pretty!!!
i wonder how long would it stay this neat in my room :)

Secondhand Stella said...

Oooo, looks great! Love the test tube idea.

charisse said...

LOVE LOVE all of the jewelry display. but the test tubes stand is genius!

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

Of course I like it all (stained glass window!!) and such cute and creative ideas! And then there is the tiny pony.......!

thekellytang said...

I love it!! The test tubes is genius!!

the old white house said...

I love it all the displays and your vast amount of fabulouso jewelry!!! ... and now i must pin!! love it! have a great weekend! t.xoxoxoox

Pretty Little World said...

Thanks everyone! I was just tired of having my rings cast about in boxes -- it always looked so messy, plus it was easy to loose track of things.