Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The . Beauty . Department



Not too terribly long ago, we got a new Ulta store in town. I must confess, not having been in one before, my impression was that it would be a bit like a Rite Aid, but you know, just for beauty supplies. I don't know how I came to that idea, but I did.

Thankfully - as I'm sure some of you will know - that couldn't be further from the truth. Ulta has a pinch of Rite Aid to it, but mostly it's like a less intimidating version of a department store beauty section.

They have Tarte, and Benefit, and Bare Minerals, and well... a lot of good stuff. My first purchases: Butter London nail color in "Knees Up" (a shade I'd been coveting since this post) and Tarte Cheek Stain in "Flush".

I've been dying to try this cheek stain for like, forever, and finally took the plunge. I'm normally a bronzer girl, but this is cheek color perfection: easy to apply, lasts a long time, isn't sticky at all, and looks just like you have cheeks flushed from the cold!

2 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

I LOVE our Ulta. I can always find things I want :) haha. I need to try that butter nail polish!

samantha ramage said...

i have never been into an ulta and i think i have the same stigma because of all the wonky coupons in magazines! glad you had a good experience!

xo
sami