Friday, October 15, 2010

Coffee . and . Cigarettes









Today: I would like to be in Paris (or somewhere equally as chic) with a book, my camera, endless coffee, and a pack of cigarettes. And then I would spend my day at a little cafe, smoking, drinking, reading, watching. Today I miss smoking, and sitting at a cafe in Paris seems like the perfect place to do it.

Whoever said that smoking is cool was right. Smoking is cool, or people wouldn't do it. No one ever said, "I'm looking for a way where my hair/clothes can smell, I can get little burn marks in things I own, and whittle away at my health. Oh? Smoking will do that? I'm so on board!"

Sadly: (1) I'm not in Paris (or anywhere equally as chic); (2) I have this job thing that someone is paying me to do; and (3) I quit smoking a very long time ago and it would probably not be a swell idea to start again, as quitting was pretty much the most difficult thing ever. Ever. Le sigh...

Pics: Eloise Walker and Le Smoking

6 comments:

samantha ramage said...

my cousin once told me smoked because it looks so cool-- and she was right, it does. too bad it has to be so bad for you! glad you quit!

xo
sami

Alessandra said...

I quit just about 2 weeks ago. It is hard, but I'm trying not to change my mind. Have a great weekend, even without Paris or cigarettes.

Pretty Little World said...

^^ Good luck!! As much as I miss smoking sometimes, I'd say it was definitely worth it - you'll save tons of money, and just feel better in general!

Here's a good website that was helpful when I was just quitting: Quit Net.

drollgirl said...

ha! i don't like coffee or cigarettes, but both ARE cool. and these pictures are rad. :)

Devonately said...

I agree 100% with everything in this post. These pictures are so great and make me want a cigarette. You should check out Fuck Yeah Men With Cigarettes. http://fuckyeahmenwithcigs.tumblr.com/

-Dev

KristiMcMurry said...

I know how you feel! When I watched the White Stripes documentary I wanted to smoke soooo bad. For some reason I'm fascinated with Meg White and she was smoking, which made me want one. I'm such a follower :) haha! I had to talk myself out of it because I'm like you, it had been a long time since I quit and I didn't want to start that again.