Monday, October 11, 2010

Visiting









This past weekend was ridiculously busy: Friday night we drove to Detroit to see comedian Louis C.K., whom I think is absolute perfection. If you've never seen his stand-up (or even if you have), you can see a bit here - though be warned, it's probably not a work-environment-friendly video.

Saturday and Sunday morning were spent cleaning my basement, and it's still not done. It's one of those projects that feels quickly manageable, but then you start, and stuff seems to pour out of the walls and floors. Blah.

Sunday afternoon I got a call from a dear friend who just recently moved back to Michigan, and I drove up north to see her and her adorable children, Berlin and Elijah. We went for a walk in the woods, Berlin (who is 3) showed us how she dances like Michael Jackson, I got to lavish my favorite dog ever (Tucker, the Rottweiler) with attention, and we had loads of good conversation.

I hope that everyone else had a lovely weekend as well!!

5 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!!!

Unknown said...

i want that house. please...

elsie said...

wow I love these photographs, sweet and warm, cool and crisp all at the same time!

KristiMcMurry said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Love your pictures.

Detailing Life said...

Oh, I could live there, right there, forever I think. The house, the nature. Oh.