Saturday, October 10, 2009

Antiquing . in . October

The weather in Michigan has been crap for a full week now: rain, gloom, rain, etc. Today is the first day I've seen sunshine and it's positively lovely out! So I got up a pinch early this morning and went over to a wonderful little outdoors antique & craft show in Dewitt.

The show was started just a year ago by a women who has the loveliest farm in existence. Her white centennial home and multiple out-buildings sit snug in the middle of cornfield.



The interiors of the out-buildings are all done in a country white, and they're perfectly manicured on the outside too! She even has a refurbished working outhouse and a vintage chandelier hanging under one tree!

For the show, the vendors got little parcels spread all about the property and inside some of the barns. I mainly went to visit my mother (who had a booth there), but about two seconds after I arrived I'd spied at least $200 worth of things that I wanted!




I was thankfully able to keep my pocketbook tucked away, but it was difficult when everything was so lovely!

I also got to meet Theresa, whom I had only known from her ETSY shop, T. Hein Originals. She makes the most wonderful mixed media pieces, my favorite of which is an insanely cool glittery owl:



...because seriously, what more do you need when you have a vintage owl + glitter? Theresa is lovely person, and hopefully I'll get to know her better as she's going to be giving crafting/arty classes at a local antique store! How fun is that?!

I also ran into the parents of a childhood best friend, and met a couple who live not too far from the neighborhood B. and I just moved into (but then I had to be secretly jealous all morning, because this girl is just cute-as-a-button!). Overall it was a perfectly lovely way to spend a pretty October morning!

8 comments:

Same New Story said...

that indeed does sound like the perfect way to spend an october morning. Looks like they had some great stuff there! i am jealous i do not live close enough to take that crafting/art class, sounds awesome!

Farfallina said...

I completely fell for those old suitcases! (It may not be the most suitable word but the are simply) Adorable!

elsie said...

would it be wrong for a therapist(me) to have the asylum for the insane sign in her office... hmmm?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time!

Secondhand Stella said...

Sounds like fun! I need to make it to one more outdoor antique fair before the winter.

Bree said...

sounds perfect to me too!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

A simply lovely way to spend an October morning. Of course, my eye goes right to that stack of suitcases...

THeinOriginals said...

Kristen... THANK YOU so much for the sweet blurb about me and my store, also for the pics. It was great meeting you! Theresa p.s. once again, I love your blog!