Thursday, October 15, 2009

Here . Kitty . Kitty

Martha Stewart has recently adopted two new kitties to come live with her. And when I say "adopted," I mean "purchased from a breeder." Each one of these kittens probably cost more than my monthly mortgage, but they're pretty cute. Like, really cute.



And in related pet news, my mom is adopting (but actually adopting, from a shelter) a new cat! She's an adult cat who's been at the shelter for a very long time. She is missing one leg and has a wonky tail. I'm very excited to meet her!! {For now} her name is Sadie, and she will come to live with my parents' three other cats: Badger, Atticus, and Alice.

8 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Awwww, I am so happy your mom is adopting Sadie! I can't even look at Petfinder w/o starting to cry. I already have a cat, but I think I need to adopt another one.

Bree said...

I love cats! I can't wait to live where I can have a few!

Kitty Stampede said...

That is so great of your Mom! I would always go route of adopting!! There are sooo many kitty cats and dogs for that matter that need good homes. A lot of people don't seem to realize that a pet is for life when they get them.
Cats are definitely amazing pets,the love they give is indescribable and they are also hilarious!!!

The Townhouselady said...

I'm sending love your mom's way. I think adopting animals particularly adult animals is one of the sweetest things you can do in the world. It breaks my heart to think of how many animals don't get the love they deserve b/c they've outgrown the puppy or kitten stage.

Go MOM!

Same New Story said...

yay for your mom!
and oh boy these cats are pretty cute!

Blicious said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG~! <3

drollgirl said...

wow! these kitties are amazing! but i have a soft spot for the pets from shelters. one of my own is from a shelter and he has been the best kitty imaginable!

sisters in black frocks said...

beautiful kitties! and bravo to your kind mother