Saturday, October 31, 2009

DIY Headband {Butterflies}

One of the things that I love/love that's popped up in a few stores on ETSY is the headband covered in butterflies. I really wanted to get one to wear for Halloween, but couldn't bring myself to spend $30-$50 on a headband that I'd probably only wear one day. It would be nice to wear all of the time, but in reality, people would probably stare (and not in the good way).

So I wanted to see if I could do a DIY version that wasn't so costly -- and I managed one that I'm quite happy with for only $4.99!

1. Procure fake butterflies from a craft/hobby store. I got mine at Michaels; a whole package of them for $4.99



2. The butterflies that I got already had little wires attached to them (though if yours didn't, you could substitute jewelry wire for a few dollars extra.



3. I then started to wind the wire to attach them to a headband. I used a two strand one that I already had. {Mine wraps all of the way around my head, but I would recommend a hard one that slides on and off more easily)




4. Attach as many or as few as you'd like, and then, presto, butterfly headband!




Have a Happy Halloween everyone!!

8 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I love the butterfly headband. Great project!

Secondhand Stella said...

So pretty! Such a great idea!

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! I do love the etsy butterfly ones too. You should make these and sell them.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

A*dor*able!

P.S. I'm absolutely CRAZY for your wallpapered background in your Etsy shop... very eyecatching!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elsie said...

you make it look cute AND easy!! lovely!

Unknown said...

adorable.

Closet Cravings said...

This is seriously a cute DIY. My sister will love this! =)