Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Topsy . Turvy

I'm very excited today because my studio/our guest room is almost complete!! {little "hooray" for finishing projects!} There are a few things that I still need to get up on the walls, but the most important part of the room is now finished!!

I decided to order the Topsy Turvy wallpaper from Anthropologie and I couldn't be happier with the choice! My mother - who is a saint - came over yesterday to put up the paper on one wall, and she did a smashing job of it!! I decided to go with just a feature wall in the studio, as it's a small room, and a bold print everywhere would be far too overwhelming.




My dress form will also be against this wall, though right now it's just my trusty antique wooden wheelchair there. The wheelchair was a crazy/amazing find from Ruth at The Salvage Yard. All it needs now is a cushion!

The studio will hopefully be done within the week, and I'll post more pictures as soon as it is! (If I'm not too busy staring at my pretty new wall, that is!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Labor said...

WOW nice blog. i love it here! Greetings from germany

Labor said...

Oh, and don't open the links of the anonymous comment. I got one of this, too! Brrrrrrr...

Secondhand Stella said...

I can't wait to see more pics! I love the wallpaper!

drollgirl said...

it looks amazing!!! i love the wallpaper! and the antique wheelchair! FANTASTIC! and your mom is a peach!!!!

Pinecone Camp said...

Super mom did a fantastic job by the looks of it! I've had my eye on that wallpaper too, but I have so many rolls of wallpaper that are still a roll and not on a wall.
I really do want that paper though. Hmmmm.
Have a great day.

Taylor Sterling said...

Great header. Love your blog! xx

elsie said...

your wheelchair is BLOWING my mind! loooooooooove IT!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

SO funny. I removed my old wallpaper from my house that was ANCIENT and as I thought it needed updating - it almost looks just like yours! lol

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh... to have a studio!! (jealous!)

This is absolutely divine. Your mom did a great job!!