Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A . Little . Sparkle

I don't feel like this is a big secret: I love sequins. I feel as though sequins are way underutilized in clothing. More sequins = a happier me. But this fall I've gone beyond just loving sequins, and I'm positively OBSESSED with them. I would like to own about 20 sequin tee shirts & tanks, and some sequin blazers as well. I'm also so tempted by sequin leggings, but I'm sort of afraid to try them on. What makes me smile the most is that many designers this fall have also seemed to embrace my obsession with lots of sparkle and there's plenty to choose from!







(1) 3.1 Philip Lim (2) Hot Vintage (3) Paul & Joe (4) Diane von Furstenburg (5) Aurora Vintage (6) Velvet

11 comments:

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

Glitz can be a VERY good thing!

*~* said...

that blazer KICKS THE COLLECTIVE ASS OF THE UNIVERSE. love it!

Taylor Sterling said...

um can someone say AMAZING!?

Secondhand Stella said...

Sequins are definitely having a "moment" right now. Loving it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I am SO with you. I could wear sequins all the day long. They just take me to a happy place!

elsie said...

and vintage sequins especially rocks because it has already proven itself as not too delicate to wear, anytime!!

Katy said...

I've really been enjoying the recent trend of wearing vintage sequined blouses with skinny jeans and heels. I never really have anyplace I could wear such an outfit but still...a gal can dream, can't she?

Jessica said...

I keep thinking about sequined leggings after seeing them styled in a magazine with a slouchy tee and tuxedo blazer. Gorgeous.

silk said...

I LOVE sequins! My favourite among your selection is the Diane von Furstenberg one! :)

Teresa @ good-grace said...

I'm sooo cuckoo for sequins ... you had a gorgeous piece in your shop -- did that already sell? Gorgeous finds here...

Laura said...

I'm working on making one: http://glammed.blogspot.com/search/label/sequin%20project%20update

ahh it's taking forever!