Friday, August 13, 2010

Excuses . Excuses

Admittedly, I've been a somewhat lackluster blogger for the past week. These past few weeks we've been going in roughly a million different directions, and that's unfortunately left me with not as much energy for shop updates, blog posts, and catching up on everyone else's blogs.

Last week we headed to Cleveland - and while all of our time there was fun, it was ridiculously busy: family in from New York, friends in from Maine, another friend had her first baby, one of B.'s nephews had a birthday party, +++ all the stuff we normally try to fit in on a trip to Ohio.

Then Monday one of B.'s sisters and her husband and two children came up to Michigan to visit for the first time. It was the best time, but again, always busy: thrifting, trips to a few local guitar stores, heading out to eat, trying to keep two young kids entertained, fires + smores at night, etc.

THEN, when they left, we headed to Detroit for the day. I've been looking for a new car for about three months now, and we found a dealership that had what I was hoping for, for a pretty good price. So, yesterday we welcomed home my pretty new car...



... a 2008 Toyota Prius!! I'm very happy to have her, but while it's quite exciting, a purchase of this size is stressful. I must say that now I'm looking forward to decompressing a bit, and hopefully that leads to some extra inspiration and energy for blogging and commenting next week!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

Love the new car!!!

BrooklynBlonde said...

awesome new car!!!!!

Pinecone Camp said...

Fabulous wheels! I just bought a Toyota Matrix...saving pennies for a Prius. Lucky girl you ;)
Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new car! Such an exciting purchase!

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oooooh!! SOOOOO jealous! I have "prius envy" (ha!) every time I see someone driving one!! You go girl! (And way to go! This is definitely on my wish list...)