Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mushroom . Houses







Thanks to a lovely little vacation offer from my parents, we spent the last few days up in the northwest part of the state; we went to Traverse City, Charlevoix, and Petoskey.

B. was particularly excited about Charlevoix due to a street of what are nicknamed, "Mushroom Houses." Built throughout the 20th century by Earl Young, these stone houses are gorgeous! One of them (the second to last pictured) is right on Lake Michigan and actually for sale right now... if you have $1,250,000.00 to spend on a vacation home, that is.

6 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Wow, so pretty! I heard that Traverse City is really cool.

the old white house said...

OHHH you went to my favorite places! Lucky GIRL! Hope your summer stays that fabulous! Love the houses but wouldn't you know it I'm just shy of the amount needed for that home. ;) Theresa

KristiMcMurry said...

1.2 million? No problem! haha

I would love to live in one of those...absolutely adorable

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Ah, thank you for posting these! I wanted to see them the last time I was near Charlevoix but didn't get to. They're so cute--I picture hobbits or trolls living in them.

drollgirl said...

it is just SLIGHTLY out of my price range! bah!!! so cute!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Absolutely charming. I've always wanted to live in a stone cottage.