Sunday, July 19, 2009

Art . Fair

(apologies for a lack of posting...my computer has recently decided that it only wants to connect to the internet sporadically, and for no more than five minutes at a time.)

This past Friday I went to the Ann Arbor Art Festival, something that completely takes over the town every summer. The art fair is set up so that you wander through the closed-off streets of downtown, and some of the prettiest parts of the UofM campus:




...hundreds of artisans set up to sell paintings, photographs, jewelry, and all manner of other lovely things:




We also had lunch at my favorite vegetarian restaurant, Seva, and I tried their Goat Cheese and Roasted Pepper Wrap...



...which was so tasty!! Toward the end of the day, we also saw possibly the cutest little dogs ever:



We didn't end up buying much (the original photograph that I wanted was $2200, and the installation that my mother wanted was $8500...boo), but it was a pretty day with perfect weather and tons of cool stuff to see!!

6 comments:

Velo said...

the leaf... it looks like key chain.. i love it!

Secondhand Stella said...

I read about this when I was in MI last week. So fun! My boyfriend went to Michigan so I need to visit someday :)

. said...

Looks like fun. Awww, those dogs are adorable.

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

What a lovely website!

I also was there, but on Thursday and also had the goat cheese/veggie wrap for lunch at Seva.

Nice photos. Thanks for writing about the fair, the coolest thing that happens all year in Michigan.

I'm linking to this post at ArtFairInsiders.com.

Connie Mettler
Publisher
www.ArtFairCalendar.com

kadler said...

I love those doggies!!

But even more, I love those buildings. I'm such a sucker for ivy-covered anything.