Thursday, July 9, 2009

Antique . Shopping

Up until recently, whenever I go into any kind of antique store, I stumble across 18 million pieces of furniture that I know I just need to have. Well, now that I have a real.honest-to-goodness house of my own (and have an excuse for buying some of the juicy vintage furniture!), I can't find anything I like. No joke. I've been to every antique mall within a 60-mile radius and...nada. My only comforts are: (1) I own the house, so I have time to look for something I really like and that will fit with our style, and (2) I found another fashion-y goody for almost no money at all!!

In the spring I posted this look from The Sartorialist:



And then last week, at a local antique market, I found this crazy cool fur scarf for only $16!



Don't get me wrong -- I'm not wishing the summer away, but I am excited that come fall/winter, I can steal this look without spending a fortune!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh! fab-u-lous!

I find it's the same with shopping ...when I'm not "shopping" I find everything I want. ..then I go specifically to find something, can't find it anywhere.

Fab find!!!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Really cute find for that price!

. said...

oh wow awesome!!! Great find!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

drollgirl said...

ohmyLORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! fanfuckingtastic!!! i love what you found and i really LOVE the price!!!!!

and i have the same issue when shopping -- no money? i find a million things to buy! a little money and a goal in mind? bupkiss! can't find a thing!

Nik said...

AMAZING, don't you just love when that happens... It's like you dreamed it into life :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous. You're making me wish for Autumn

bunny + chip said...

Fantastic find!! Hope you wear it all the time, it looks great.

JaimeNicole said...

You only find the good stuff when you're not looking for it.

Secondhand Stella said...

So cute!

I have the opposite problem. I keep finding awesome antique furniture but have no place to put it :(

Kasey said...

What a fabulous find!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow, great find on the faux fur scarf! And may I say, I would kill for your hair :)