Monday, July 20, 2009

Fashion . Lust {the bad kind}

It's photos like this...



...that get me into trouble. Chanel does this thing with cashmere and tulle that's somehow irresistible. When I first saw this photo...



...in 2002, I snatched up the phone and dialed Chanel as fast as I could. A snotty SA informed me that if the wait list for the cardigan wasn't already full, it would cost $1800.00. As I was a grad student on a small stipend, I pouted as my hopes of owning that pretty little cardigan were dashed.

Four years later, B. and I were in Toronto for a long weekend. B. wanted to go record shopping, and I wanted to go shopping.shopping, so I had to pick just a few from a list of designer consignment stores that I wanted to go to. As we pulled up to the very first one, what was it that was hanging in the window?

MY Chanel cardigan!! $300 CAD later...



...it came home with me!

So the moral of the story is: Quickly turn the page if you suspect it's filled with puddles of Chanel cashmere goodness.

15 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

So pretty! I like stories w/ happy endings :)

drollgirl said...

what a fantastic SCORE!!! i love it! it is just divine!!!

and someday i hope to own SOMETHING chanel, but it will have to be thrifted unless i magically win the lottery. ;)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Now that is a Carrie Bradshaw worthy love story!

. said...

Oh wow!! Yay for finding that cardigan again!!! It's lovely!

Jenny Cindy said...

Wow the cardigan really is lovely and you're so lucky that you found it for such a good price all those years later. What a wonderful story ^o^

Unknown said...

Oh yeah...you got your cardi! I love when luck is on your side :)
Fabulous indeed lady.

Unknown said...

oh but it's just so fabulous!

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

Wow! It is absolutely divine! I love that it's cashmere with substance...not some soft, yet flimsy little sheet, but a garment that you can really hold on to, if that makes any sense.

Awesome Sara said...

i love happy endings!! go you. and thank you for your nice comment about my breakup. you're awesome.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

All good things come to those that wait..GORGEOUS cardy!

Sierra said...

Ohhh, Chanel. That is GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cardigan! That's lucky you found it!

kadler said...

No freaking way. That's amazing. Then I'll hold out hope for that DVF tunic I want this season :(

Kyla Roma said...

That's amazing, what a great find- I'm glad you two were finally reunited ;)

Anonymous said...

lovely story..i love every single part of it....



Wholesale Sunglasses