Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Garden . State

One of my favorite things about the street that we've moved onto is the way that people keep their yards. Many of the houses near us have front yards that have been turned into gardens -- they're filled to the brim with all sorts of pretty flowering perennials.



We've just dug up a rather mangy hedgerow in our own front yard, and planted a few perennials in its place: daisies, donkeytail spurge, moss thyme, bees balm, purple butterfly bush...I'm off to find a few more today!! Of course, it won't be until next summer that our plants are a bit more lush, but it's something to look forward to!!

5 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

I wish I could have a garden. Well, then I would have to weed and do yard work. Maybe I really just like looking at other people's gardens ;)

drollgirl said...

DONKEYTAIL!??! sadly i do not know all of these plants, but i sure love the names!!! and i can't wait to see pictures of the garden in full bloom, even if i have to wait until next year! :)

. said...

This is so pretty! I love flowers.

TheBeautyFile said...

I love finding beautiful things right outside your door. Always a surprise.

JennyMac said...

what a cool pic. And I love flowers. My mom has a beautiful rose garden. You don't see that much here. But we do have phenomenal Magnolia trees.