Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Before . and . After {Bedroom}

I only have had time for this one post today (I stepped on a rusty fence post in our backyard, and had to use my morning/afternoon to go get a tetanus booster), but I'm really excited about it!! (The blog post that is, not so much the shot.)

I've finally got the first before & after pictures of the new house!! It's just one room today -- the bedroom -- but it's actually a complete room, accessories and all!

So, the before:

<




The before isn't hideous or anything. There are nice features -- pretty wood floors, and great natural light -- but the room is a smidge vanilla; bland wall color, unattractive trim color, and icky shades.

So now after a smidge of paint, and a lot of looking for the right pieces, the after:








It's different than I had pictured originally, but exactly what I had hoped for!

Bed: Ikea
Grey Sheets: Kohls
Green Velvet Comforter: Ikea, Astrakan
Nightstands: Pier I
Lamps & Shades: Pier I
Antique Hand-Tinted Photograph
Vases and Flowers: Our local market
Wall color: Winter Flannel

17 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Sooooo pretty! I love the bright colors!

Hope your foot feels better!

Unknown said...

WoW!! That's a HUGE change. I ♥ it. The colors are so calming. I want to go take a nap now.

Heidi Jo said...

It looks amazing! What a fun room to begin with and the after result is perfect. I love the pops of green!

drollgirl said...

it looks absolutely fantastic!!! WELL DONE!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!

Unknown said...

The room looks fantastic! I love what you've done with it and I love the green :D

Suzie said...

Winter flannel! Love that name and color!

alissa said...

holycanoli - thats awesome! i love the colors, it looks beautiful!

elsie said...

I officially COVET your bed!

. said...

Oh wow!! You did an amazing job changing it. I love the colors.

Joanna Goddard said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

faryle said...

Love it!

The bed is fabulous!

Sierra said...

You did a wonderful job! I love how you incorporated the green, beautiful!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

The bedroom looks amazing!!! I love the wall color paired with the green. And the photograph above the bed is the perfect touch. You really have such great taste ;)

Kristen said...

This is lovely! It looks like something out of a designer magazine! Well done!

jenloveskev said...

This is beautiful!! What a lovely room- you should feel so proud!! Great color choices

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I think it looks AMAZING...wow!
We did our guest bedroom headboard similar, but only did the back piece...we used yellow n white :)

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com

madebygirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this!!!! amazing.