Saturday, July 11, 2009

Marni . Morning

While I was trying to help someone else find a dress, I did what always inevitably happens -- found something that I want need to have. I'm complete in love with both of these Marni dresses:



Even on sale, they (unfortunately) aren't cheap, but thankfully my brain is broken when it comes to thinking about the cost of clothing and accessories. Here's how it works:

Item: Two nightstands. Cost: $400.00 for both.
Me: Whoa. That sounds like a lot of money. Who charges that for furniture? Maybe they'll go on sale.

Item: Marni dress. Was $1120.00. Now $560.00.
Me: OMG!! 50% off? That's sooo reasonable for a designer dress!!

Sadly I also have a rational thinking part (i.e., my mother) that says, "You just bought a house, and you can't sit on a dress." Boo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

these dresses are perfection! now that i have seen them this morning, it doesn't matter what i put on, i'm going to be wishing i was wearing one of those dresses...

Unknown said...

i COMPLETELY understand what you mean. i am the same way about things...i worried about spending $500 on a piece of furniture, when at the same time thought it was a reasonable price for a pair of Louboutin heels!
xox
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

elsie said...

you can't sit on a dress?!?! Of course you can sit on a dress!!!

. said...

haha, love these dresses. I just did the same think with a couple Yumi Kim dresses. I blogged about it too. But they weren't as much as these dresses you picked. So fab!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

Ingrid (Garments and Gardens) said...

I like what your racional part said: "You can't sit on a chair" But those dresses are worth it, they are so beautiful, but if you just bought a house.. hmm, seems like a difficult choice

MeetMyCloset said...

I LOVE the print on the first one. The cut is so unique. I'm so curious to see what they'd look like on. I can't quite picture it. Would they be flattering on a wide variety of women?

Awesome Sara said...

hmmm... im not feeling these dresses. my grandma has curtains very similiar to these dresses. lol!! i wish i could afford to buy some awesome real estate!! being a banker is boring but i get to live in my head for a huge chunk of the day. i like my head! as for the lottery keep trying baby!!! keep trying!!!

Gangsta Bride said...

ha! yea its so weird how that works, everythings relative! i bet it wouldn't be that hard to make it though... take a plain print dress and then bunch it up at the front. a good seamstress could do it too!

Unknown said...

So you didn't buy the dress?! I remember seeing these on style.com runaway photos and was in love love love. Esp. with the first one. I think you can splash out ;)