Thursday, July 16, 2009

How . Does . Your . Summer . Taste?

Just like what I feel like wearing changes from season to season, what I have a taste for changes also. It's not that I stop liking soup in summer, or fruit in winter, but some foods are just better depending on what season you eat them in. This is completely separate of ripeness and growing cycles. In the summertime, I just crave things that are juicy, bright and colorful:



My absolute favorite summer foods? Peach pie, tart cherry pie, and raspberries. Okay, raspberry pie too!

What does your summer taste like?

Source: Cannelle et Vanille

8 comments:

Dionne said...

OOoh yummy! I love watermelon in the summer, and the brightest of mangoes. I love chunky salads and lotsa corn on the cob.

Oooh, and iced mocha lattes!

Secondhand Stella said...

Friendly's Watermelon Roll, corn on the cob, and fresh cherries

Taylor Elise said...

Peach cobbler, fresh corn on the cob, and homemade banana ice cream.

Jenny Cindy said...

Hmm, I love watermelons, fresh berries and light salads. Somehow I can't eat anything heavy or too sweet when it's really hot.

drollgirl said...

YUUUUUM!! i am crazy for summer fruit. i just got a bunch and am going to try a new recipe where you bake stone fruits with balsamic. sounds wild! :)

p.s. these pictures are so gorgeous!

alissa said...

mmm i just finished a very tasty peach! seriuosly love the flavors of summer - watermelon and tomatoes with fresh mozz&basil are my favorites (not together haha)

DS said...

OOH! Gorgeous pictures, it makes me hungry for lemon sorbet! That is one of my favorite summer foods, plus strawberries, raspberries and cherries!

Molly said...

Iced tea and raspberries