Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Before . and . After {Front Porch}

I was going to wait to show the before and after pics of the enclosed front porch until I found the last piece of furniture (a chair) that will go out there, but I'm picky, and I have no idea when I might find it, so...

...the before...




Notice the "abstract" pattern on the floor in "lovely" colors, accented by lime green and bright yellow on the walls. While it was certainly a unique color combination, we decided that we might go with something slightly different:




(that's our grapevine just outside the window in this last photo! It climbs all of the way up the side of our house!)

You also have to imagine the cozy chair that will eventually live in this space, but I don't think that it's turned out too bad thus far!! You can peek at the Before and After {Bedroom} if you missed the post last week!

UPDATE: Here's the porch with said cozy chair:


15 comments:

Morgan said...

great transformation!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous. What a lovely place to have an evening cocktail!

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful! A pretty space to go and relax. Great job.

Revolution Malibu said...

Beautiful!!! Great job!

Amy said...

I love it! Looks like your cats do also!

Unknown said...

I love what you have done with the porch! It looks great!

Secondhand Stella said...

Ahhhh, I love the floor!!!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Your porch looks beautiful! I love the striped floor. I would spend so much time in this little "outdoor room" (and it looks like the kitties find this to be a happy space as well).

drollgirl said...

this looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! i love it!!!! you guys are G-O-O-D!

kadler said...

That's amazing! I love the after. Fabulous job.

Unknown said...

O my goodness you are an absolute genius! If I came to visit you would not be able to peel me away from that swing.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh gosh!!! Looks so pretty ... such a calm, relaxing, classic look. Perfection! Thanks for the before and after photo's...

Teresa @ good-grace said...

OH MY!!! Congrats on the Design Sponge "before & after" feature!! :) Well deserved, indeed.

Unknown said...

what kind of floor have you painted on?? plywood? hardwood? linoleum? i'm interested in trying this myself..

Pretty Little World said...

^^ It wasn't plywood, but it was a rough wood with a similar texture.