Monday, April 13, 2009

Cabinet . of . Curiosities

Since we had the offer on the house accepted, I've been sorting through all manner of things: paint colors, wallpaper books and sites, the Ikea catalog, old issues of the sadly and recently deceased Domino, etc. etc.

There are so many different styles of design that I like, but for once I want to live in a place that feels unified. I want the rooms to have their own personalities, but I also think it's important that the rooms all feel as though they belong in the same house.

So I finally found the photo that will be the inspiration for the look and colors of the home:



I love the rich gray and the other bright pops of color, along with the botanical/natural elements. But now I have the work of actually figuring out how this will translate into different interior spaces, though at least I've got a start!

Pic from Domino

11 comments:

thriftylilpixie said...

love your blog you have great taste and i love all the pistures you post

Awesome Sara said...

omg, i cannot wait till you start posting pics of your home!! i adore your style.

don't forget the guest post!!!

drollgirl said...

you are facing a HUGE project, but you are game, and this is an excellent start! well done!!! i know it will be fabulous. very excited for ya!!!!

Secondhand Stella said...

Those colors are very calm and relaxing. I love all the natural touches.

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

I think the gray is lovely - and the pops of color would be easy to use to make other rooms blend together!

Kasey said...

how fun. it's going to be a journey!
xo

Christina said...

i kind of want that mini globe (ok scratch kind of, i really want it).

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I am SO into this gray color right now. In fact, I just painted the most lovely gray called "Silver Strand" by Sherwin Williams in a hallway in one house and an office in another. Now I want to paint a couple of rooms in my house this color! It really is a gorgeous backdrop against just about any shape, color, and texture of accessories.

alissa said...

thats gorgeous! you'll have to post pictures - i cant wait to see how it translates into a home

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

Very nice. I like the splash of blue in the middle. I'm a fan of unexpected splashes.

Caroline said...

Oooh, I completely love this. I'm a huge fan of the grey/yellow scheme.