Saturday, April 18, 2009

The . Trendmill

Earlier today I was browsing through ShopBop's collection of shoes, trying to hunt down a particular pair for someone. When I was looking at the sandals I realized that the gladiator sandal is clearly not a style that's going away anytime soon.

I actually don't mind this kind of shoe, and since they've came to be popular again a couple of years ago, the variety of styles is pretty astonishing - even the biggest "gladiator naysayer" should be able to find something she likes!





And since this trend is around for a smidge longer, you might as well pair a cute new pair of gladiator flats with a pretty little romper -- another trend that's only flourished between last year and this:




With some of the simpler rompers and shoes, you could include a statement necklace, such as some of the perfectly wonderful options from ETSY seller Urban Rose Jewelry:



7 comments:

Unknown said...

that tube top romper is CUTE! and those necklaces are so pretty!

alissa said...

loving the rompers - and the sandals! i found this perfect romper, fit like a glove...and wasnt sure i could pull it off so i left it behind. kind of regretting that - might need to go back :)

Katy said...

Yup, I just got my first and only pair of gladiators. Nice and simple flats, not too crazy with all the straps and such, in a matte silver snake print. They'll go with just about everything.

Don't think I'll attempt the romper trend, though!

drollgirl said...

love gladiators, and you have chosen some beauties in this post! i wore some new dolce vita gladiators yesterday and i think they are my new favorite sandals. yay!

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

I'm not a fan of the gladiator sandal nor the romper, simply because neither work with my body. Anything that cuts me off at the ankle does me a disservice, and my far from school girl body should not be clad in a school girl garment! But I do hope to take part in these styles should they evolve in my direction...I like the feathery look of the first pair of sandals, and the second to last romper is more carpenter than little kid.

Unknown said...

I like the first one! The grey ones with fins!

Eeli said...

WOW all those shoes are such darlings! I want I WANT I WANT!!!! lol :P