Friday, April 3, 2009

My . Most . Exciting . News

So after waiting to make sure that most everything would turn out, I can finally share my exciting news!!

My fiance and I have been looking at houses for about three months, and last weekend we found the perfect home -- at the beginning of the week we found out that our offer was accepted, and this morning we had the inspection (which went very well!), and it's pretty much official...

I'm going to be a homeowner!!

It was so hard to keep this secret, but I didn't want to jinx the inspection! Now I can officially start thinking about the important things: decorating!

I've been looking at photos like this living room:



This kitchen:



And this bedroom:



...though since I've always been a renter, I'm so overwhelmed by the idea that I get to make any decorating choices that I want!

Once we close I'll have to post photos and ask all of you for decorating recommendations (Sara's decorating tips are coming just in time!).

I do hope that everyone else has an equally wonderful weekend!!

19 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! this is fantastic news!

Jess said...

Congrats! That is wonderful :) We are building a house and hope to move in at the end of the month (nothing like decorating a new (or new-to-you) home !! Have fun!

Secondhand Stella said...

Congrats! Decorating is so much fun!

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

Oh wow, that's fantastic! Congratulations! I can't wait until we have a house that I can decorate as I please. We're still renting for now.

bopbopdesigns said...

Congrats!

drollgirl said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! you must be stoked!

i hope to be a homeowner someday (soon) too!

Cassaundra said...

congratulations!!! that is so exciting!!

Pretty Little World said...

Thank you so much everyone! I'm very excited (nervous too!). I went to Lowes this afternoon to look around -- and I thought shopping for clothes was dangerous -- the CC damage that I could just shopping for flooring is ridiculous, lol!

But I've been able to restrain myself, so far anyway!

Jess: That's great about your house -- I'm sure it will be wonderful to finally have it done and be able to move in!

Vain and Vapid said...

Oh wow, congratulations, that is so exciting! I love the photos you chose, I'm sure you'll have fun decorating.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! Have fun nesting...

Kasey said...

oh, how fabulous!
I can't wait to see what you do.
xo

Awesome Sara said...

AWESOME!!!!! I'm so jealous of you, I huess my turd posts won't help you much now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! You must be thrilled. My significant other and I are hoping to buy our first home in about a year. I can't wait to be able to say that I'm a homeowner. It must be an incredible feeling!

Awesome Sara said...

hey!!! i was wondering if you would like to guest blog on my blog??? i was thinking of doing a guest blogger every week. you can talk about anything you want, really. i was thinking of favorite home accessory or something. ya know, art, vases, men, etc. i was going to have a guest blogger every week. i know ita a bit on the bad timing since your a homeowner now! let me know if you want to do this!!

Unknown said...

congratulations - you will have so much fun looking at all the wonderful home inspiration out there....xx

kadler said...

Yay!! Congrats! Can't wait to see photos :)

Joanna Goddard said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy for you!!!!!!! i love the wallpaper in that bedroom :)

Unknown said...

congratulations! the whole point of having a home is to decorate it fantastically!!! start those inspiration boards now!
xox

Anonymous said...

Wow--what amazing and exciting news! It's going to be so much fun sharing in your decorating journey. Congrats!