Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wallpaper

Last week, thanks so a crazy cool decorating post by Sara, I came across perhaps the coolest wallpaper site ever: Wallpaper from the 70s.

They have so many patterns that I'm smitten with, but since they're located in Germany, I wanted to look at some samples before ordering a few roles. While I don't know about boldly patterned wallpaper all over the house, I do know that I want to have one of the walls in my studio covered in a pretty paper.

First of all, these sample arrived fast...like, ridiculously fast. I ordered last Wednesday, and they were here (from Germany) today. Way to go for excellent customer service!




I'm really happy that I ordered samples, because some of the prints are a lot larger than I would have expected. While I like all of them, I'm leaning toward one of these two:



The gray floral was a favorite to begin with, and these are the two that go best with my newly decided upon color scheme.

But who knows, I'll probably end up changing my mind a dozen times before settling! I am starting to like that other black and white floral the more that I look at it...!

11 comments:

Miya said...

I am crosseyed in love with these!!!

drollgirl said...

i am usually leery of wallpaper, but these are GORGEOUS! excellent finds!

Katy said...

I very much like the light turquoise with the white flowers. Very pretty!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I love the green! I can't wait to see the wallpaper in your new home. I too am in love with Wallpaper from the 70's, and posted about 15 pics from the site last week:

http://cottagecheesevintage.blogspot.com/2009/04/wallpaper-from-70s.html

Awesome Sara said...

when i saw your samples i was like that gray floral one is awesome! i dig it! thanks for mentioning me again!

Vain and Vapid said...

I love wallpaper from the 70's, I got my wallpaper from there too. The only drawback is that you have to buy the glue separately and brush it on but it's so pretty it's totally worth it.

alissa said...

i love the idea of one accent wall with one of these - so graphic and beautiful

kadler said...

Woah, love that grey one on the bottom left. Use it! And wow, that shipping is fast. Yay!

Unknown said...

I'm pattern crazy too! I just love looking at them and wishing I could have them around my house.

Thank you so much for your comments on my travel posts. It made me feel very humbled and happy. I'm back now and had fun catching up with your posts.

Anonymous said...

I love the green. So vibrant. So many patterns to choose! (I'd end up changing them every year!)

Teresa @ good-grace said...

omg.... ENVY!