Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Valentino

I normally am not a big fan of Valentino accessories - the dresses are beautiful, but the bags are a little on the garish side, IMO. Bright colors + Patent Leather + Oversized + Lots of Intricate detail = way too much going on.

While the bags from the SS 09 collection are certainly bold, the ruffled and floral detailing keeps the bags feeling more feminine:





I'm kind of particular to the gray tote with the smaller ruffles (2nd row), but I wouldn't exactly turn any of the other bags away either!

10 comments:

Katy said...

They're mostly still a little bit too much for my tastes. The grey ruffled one you like is probably the only one I'd carry, personally. :-)

Kierstin Bridger said...

The peacock one makes me want to go to a garden party....right now!]
The grey onre is so fun!

Poke Salad Annie said...

that top one is making me drool. absolutley gorgeous!

Kitty Stampede said...

holy moly...those bags are glory-ious!

Ms. Jenn said...

OMG I've been lusting after the gray ruffled one except I want it in a dusty rose color, since about right before Christmas. The leather is so soft and the bag is so sweet. If I recall correctly its about 2 grand...
:-(

drollgirl said...

these are stunning! i'd take grey, brown OR black if anyone is taking orders.

Awesome Sara said...

ruffles make me hot!! i love them everything should have ruffles

alissa said...

these are awesome! not for everyday - but with the right simple outfit, so that they really stand out. love

Pandora said...

I really,really like the one with the flowers on them.Very vintage looking.

Unknown said...

love these bags, i saw them in tokyo last year...spent a silly amount of time *trying on* the black ruffle bag and the peacock flower ruffle bag, trying to justify the equally silly amount of money these bags cost....xx