Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Creative . Estates

Earlier in the spring, I wrote a quick post about famous author's writing spaces -- I was kind of in awe of just how amazing even photos of them seemed.

Apartment Therapy just posted a series on the homes of 10 famous American authors. While all are quite something to behold, the Louisa May Alcott home is marvelous:



I'm not really one who would be too big on the country life, but even I could easily imagine myself slipping into a happy and comfortable life at a place like this!

Check out the rest of their post to see such places as Flannery O'Connor's house and Frederick Douglass' Cedar Hill Estate.

3 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

I went to her house on a high school field trip. I remember it being not so nice inside and then I fainted from boredom. Hee hee hee.

Amy said...

I think it looks lovely! I agree. . .it'd be quite nice to write there.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Looks like a great place to me...I'm a country girl at heart!