Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend . Update



I'm finally getting over my doesn't-want-to-leave cold that B. gave me, and since I haven't left the house in days, I'm hoping to have a busy-in-a-relaxing-way kind of weekend. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:

* Look for new skinny black pants. These will go with everything come the fall semester, so hopefully I'll find a pair that I can wear over and over again. I have my eye on the ones above from JCrew!

* Take stuff to the recycling center. We could probably build a second house out of all of the cardboard we've accumulated.

* Groceries, groceries, groceries. Sometimes I really love to grocery shop, but this weekend it just feels like an icky chore.

* Photograph and list new things in the Pretty Little World store.

* Finish reading, The Family by Jeff Sharlet. After seeing him on Bill Maher a couple of weeks ago, I picked up his book. While it's definitely freaking me out a little bit, it's an excellent look at a particular group of fundamentalists in America.

* See a movie!! We've been camped out watching season 1 of Battlestar Gallactica on dvd, and I haven't been to the theatre in forever. I'm torn between Inglorious Bastards and District 9...has anyone seen either yet??

What are your weekend plans??!!


... BTW, did everyone catch the season premiere of Project Runway last night?!! I think it's missing a little something on Lifetime, but I was stoked to have it back on anyway. My absolute favorite look was this little blue number:



I think it was a mistake to not consider this for winning -- the detailing was standout, IMO. I can't wait for more next week!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED having project runway back.. except the model show after was a tad bit unnecessary.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I thought that was really pretty too but I really loved the winning dress!

Jill GG said...

I loved that dress as well... would have REALLY loved it in a floor length version. I saw the movie "Away We Go" last weekend... a very cute, artsy, love story!

Pretty Little World said...

^^I would love to see Away We Go!! But the puzzler of the century: I live in a college town with three big movie theatres, and they all get the same summer blockbusters. Anything even smelling a bit like an intelligently written indie film doesn't come near here :(

Unknown said...

Just bought those pants from J.crew, they're great!!

SK said...

black pants are perfect for everything! i actually need a new pair... my old ones faded after far too many washes!

sounds like you have/had a busy weekend - i just got back from a day trip in new york!

Secondhand Stella said...

I need a pair of those pants as well....

Cance said...

my favorite look from project runway was the long flowy cream colored dress, with the deep v and lace. loved. it.
as for movies, i recently saw district 9 and really liked it. pretty gory, but i thought the story was very interesting.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I really need some skinny black pants. Also searching for the perfect skinny jean (and not willing to pay over $70 for them, which is why I still haven't found them!)

rachel said...

I loved the detail and color of that PR dress, too. I thought the shape of the top was a little clunky, but besides that, it was fabulous.