Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tricky . Food

I think (mainly because it makes me feel better) that everyone has a food that's nearly irresistible, that they could eat constantly, and is really.really bad for them. Mine is unfortunately super easy to get, and almost every store has it: doughnuts. I can't walk by the doughnut case without drooling a little; chocolate, with sprinkles, cider, frosted or unfrosted, I love them all. (Well, except for jelly doughnuts.)

Sadly, a fried piece of sweet.yummy.goodness is not something one can eat every day, unless I want to eat them while running on the treadmill. So, I feel like when I have a doughnut, it should be like an extra special treat. That's why this recipe from Tartlette is perfection!



I could pop in a couple of these little Meyer Lemon and Sour Cream Doughnuts and be happy all week!

What's your tricky food?

9 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Yummmmmmm. Those look SO good!

Michele said...

Yummie yummie! They look delices!
I cant tell you my trikky food,
because I am a really bad cook:)

Amy said...

Oooh, those look amazing! My tricky food. . . potato chips, especially blue or kettle. I can't have them in the house. It's just not pretty. ;)

elsie said...

mmmmmmmm doughnuts - good thing you don't like the jelly filled ones, I'd hate to have to arm wrestle you for them!!

Pretty Little World said...

Amy -- I don't even let myself buy potato chips anymore! I could just sit and eat all of them in like 10 minutes!

TheBeautyFile said...

Those donuts look absolutely delish!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yummmmm. Lemon and sour cream? I'm there.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

okay... I think doughnuts are one of my biggest weaknesses ever. I love them all - except the custard filled.

Now those Lemon and Sour Cream Doughnuts look incredibly delish! I'm going to have to try the recipe!! (it would be a combo of two of my favorite things... doughnuts and anything lemon-y!)

Melkorka said...

oh my so pretty! and it looks sooo tasty!