Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back . from . Cleveland

We got back from Cleveland last night, and while it was a great trip, it's very good to be home! When we head to Cleveland, we stay at B.'s mom's house (a gorgeous yellow brick number built by a Revolutionary War vet; pics here). I really like to hang out with his family, but it gets very crowded sometimes -- this past weekend included: his sister, her husband, their two children, one of his brothers, his cousin from Florida, and of course his mother. That makes for a lot of people in one house!!

We did have a pretty fantastic time though. We ate at this little vegetarian Indian restaurant, and it was sooo good! Both his mother and his sister adopted new puppies:


^^Finnigan


^^Pip

And it was crazy fun playing with the little guys (well, Pip is girl). There was also a birthday party that included peanut butter cup ice cream cake and squirt gun fights! And of course, there was time for a bit of shopping as well.

The little Brinn Deer figurines that I had left behind at Flower Child on my last trip were still there!! This was obviously I sign that I needed to buy them:





There may have also been a teeny.tiny trip to Louis Vuitton...




...and so Miss Neverfull GM came to live with me and the little Brinn Deer as well!!

AND...the vintage shopping/thrifting was marvelous! I'll post a shop preview later today!! I hope that everyone else had a wonderful weekend as well!!

11 comments:

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

Love the deer, love the purse (really think I might need to have one of those also!) and especially love the puppies - which my three cats would torment to death!

Secondhand Stella said...

Oooooo, that house is amazing, the puppies are the cutest things ever, and I am very jealous of the purse. It sounds like the perfect getaway!

drollgirl said...

LOVE THE DOGGIES!!!!

AND THE DEER!!!

AND THE LV!! lucky you!

and i bet it is nice to be home. the chaos of family can be nice to escape!

Unknown said...

ooooh what a score. fab bag! ...and the deer. but it's always good to be home!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE THAT BAG!!! I've been eyeing their more brightly colored ones recently, blue, green or pink. Why not all three?

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Pip is adorable! Love puppy breath (sounds weird). Family time is great & I am in total envy over the Louis!!

Linda Lu said...

awww Pip and Finnigan are adorable!!!
are they mixes??? possibly german sheperd and border collie???
^sorry a bit of a dog fanatic

anyways a trip to louis store is always nice--love the new bag.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

o. m. g....

Lovely, lovely goodies!
Welcome back!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

AWWWW Puppies!!! :) And the deer are adorable, and the LV!!! WOW! Awesome girl! XO

. said...

awwww, those dogs are so cute. I'm such a sucker for dogs!

rachel said...

Puppies!! They have such cute names. :)